Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great News!




Let's start with the great news! Friday, Taylor had an appointment with her cardiologist, Dr.Hannon. After he previewed the pictures of her echo, he said, "this is amazing...Taylor is finally starting to grow into her heart. This is the best echo she's had yet." He went on to say from the naked eye, he wouldn't even think Taylor had cardiomyopathy. Her heart looked and measured like any other little girl her age and her heart had healed itself. I asked him if her heart was enlarged anymore and he said, "NO."

It's hard to explain how I felt on the inside when Dr. Hannon said my little girls heart looked normal. I probably would have broke down and cried right there, but Scrappy was sitting on my lap passing gas so I was trying hard not to spank him in front of the doctor and his technician! LOL! Seriously though, I am over the top happy and thankful that God has healed my baby girl's heart.

Dr. Hannon took Taylor off one of her heart medications (digoxin) and he will start to ween her off another one October 1st. We will visit him again at the end of October in hopes to ween her off a second one. I'm still in AWE over this awesome news!

.......................................................................................
This year has been so full of up and downs. Taylor's seizures really came back hard towards April/May so he neurologist added another seizure medication to her schedule. I feel like it has helped quite a bit, but it's hard not really knowing what's going on in Taylor's head. She's definitely not having the hard/draining 10 minute seizures she was having in May!


This past week has been tough for Taylor. She came down with a virus on Tuesday and it has taken a toll on her. She ran a temp for 2 days and we spent about 6 hours in the ER getting labs, cultures, and x-rays drawn. Everything turned out normal, so it ended up being a nasty virus. She's been uncomfortable and very lethargic since Tuesday. It usually takes 4 to 5 days for Tay to recover when she gets a bug like this, so hopefully she will feel better in the morning. Regardless, it is hard to see her suffer when she is sick.


The boys have a love/hate relationship. They play so well together and then 1 minute later, Tanner has Scrappy in a headlock. I'm guessing this is what Jeff and Tim were like growing up! They will be best friends one day (I keep telling myself that). Scrappy turned 4 in June and had a great birthday party. Jeff and Scrappy share their birthday, so it's twice as special. Tanner had a great experience in Kindergarten! He really opened up towards the end of the year. He's enjoying his summer break because he doesn't have homework every night, but is looking forward to the 1st grade.



Jeff and I are very much enjoying our summer vacation. We were able to fly to Iowa at the end of June and spent some great quality time with Jeff's family. We also have a camping trip set up with my family in a couple of weeks. We've been to the beach a few times and try and take the boys to the movies once a week. AND of course, we are holding and interacting with Taylor as much as we can. She loves to be held and talked to. When she's healthy, she talk right back to you.....


Thanks to all who have prayed daily for Taylor's heart to heal......it HAPPENED..... Remember, with God All things are possible! Thank you for continuing to pray for Taylor. Please pray for her to build a stronger immune system so she won't catch viruses so easily.


God Bless~


Tammy






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cried when I read your last few posts. This is AMAZING NEWS...God is SO WONDERFUL!! Proof in the power of prayer! The pictures are so sweet...I just love seeing her smile! I hope she continues to get better from her most recent virus...I will continue to pray for her and you and Jeff as well! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Love,
Misty

Allison Buckley said...

Praise God! I knew Taylor was gonna be healed...and her heart was! Amen! She's not done yet, and neither is our awesome Lord! Hold tight I'm your faith, Whiteheads, and hold those precious babies tight. The Lord is working through yout your family! Love you all and praying diligently!