Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday, February 20

I often compile information I receive from family members or Jeff and Tammy directly to provide an update. But I really can't say it any better than Tammy's email today.

---------------------
Great news... I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO... Just kidding...You have to make yourself laugh here, or you go nuts in this tiny room....... Anyways, Taylor had a better night last night. The respiratory therapist came in twice to suction her and that really seem to help her breath better. Other than that, her vitals remained good and she slept most of the night. All of her labs have come back normal, so they never really determined the cause of her fever. The respiratory and physical therapist came in this morning to work with her. PT gave her a chair to sit in that kind of looks like a car seat. It helps keep everything in midline. She is sleeping in it right now. OT tried to stimulate her mouth so she would try and get back that sucking motion. She was pleasantly surprised when Taylor latched on about 3 times. We were all very happy! After they left, I gave Taylor a little break and then I put my pinkie finger in her mouth like I have done so many times in the past and tried to get her to suck. Taylor latched right on and sucked 8 straight times. I stood there and cried, Thanking God for that moment. It didn't take Taylor long to get irritated with me, so I took my finger out of her mouth and she fell right to sleep. She never ceases to amaze me with her strength. I think it is very important that we continue to stay positive and look at her successes. She has came so far and is still holding her own... It's easy to let the negative consume you, but when you look at Taylor and the peace she has on her face, you just know everything is going to work out. I know we all wish Taylor would instantly get better over night and we had all the answers to the future, but realistically Taylor will let us know in time. She's my little angel right here on earth and I thank God for her every day! I love you guys!

Tammy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And some pics...








God Bless
~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Taylor and the wonderful progress she is making! She looks so peaceful in all of the pictures, and I truly believe it's because she has her own guardian angels right there with her. We will continue to pray for healing and strength for you all!

E. Batts and family

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! It is so wonderful to hear that Taylor is making progress! We must remember that there is a reason for everything...Taylor sucking is such a positive sign-once again she has amazed us! We pray diligently for your family, and for Taylor's recovery. I will keep it short THIS time :) We love you all, and continue to keep the family in our thoughts and prayers...Thanks for the wonderful pics of the little angel! She is truly that, and angel, and soooo inspiring...it is too cute, every time I get the computer out, Liam, our 2 year old, knows what I am doing. He runs up and says "Baby, Mama! Pretty!" Uh oh...we may have a little crush developing! Ha! I am trying to teach him to say Taylor's name...and when we say our prayers at night, we always include Taylor, Taylor's momma and daddy, and brothers. We are thinking of you...(so much for keeping it short, hu?) ;)
The Buckley's
Allison, Bill, and Liam

Anonymous said...

I had to smile and chuckle with your sense of humor Tammy! :>:> As an ICU nurse I do know that sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Not to make light of given situations but like you said....sometimes you just have to laugh! Find something to chuckle about everyday, as little as it may be, it might make your days a little bit more tolerable!! Love you guys! Praying for you nightly! Aunt Kelly/Uncle Phil/Amber/Carly

Anonymous said...

hey mrs.whithead this is gerald i red the blog tell taylor that she is blessed and i pray everynight for your family god is telling you that everything is going to be alright i was going to the hospital to get an x-ray on my back and i told my mom that i dont want them to have surgery on me i prayed i said god i don't wantto die and i actually heard his voice said it's not your time yet and i ask god i said god why do bad things happen to people, i didn't get any response.i'm really sorry that you had to go through this but you are a good coach and i can tell you are a good mother it's not taylor turn yet i pray every night that your baby live and i ask god to protect your family and to be the pilot and not the co-pilot im ready to see you in school again teel your kids that i love them and may god bless you.


Love Is In The Air!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey The Whiteheads,
i am happy that Taylor is starting to get better! We are reasing money to help you guys with the bills! The day that I found out about Taylor I wanted to start crying! Everyone really misses you! My family is praying for you guys! I really HOPE Taylor gets better! mrs. whitehead you have a safe drive to go every place you have to go! Everyone in gym are out of gym are most likely praying for your family! mrs. Buckley was the person who told us about taylor and about this website! Tell the family that I hope that you all get better and get the strength you all need!
~Kaitlyn Lindsay~