Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday, February 27

Today Tanner got to see Taylor for the first time in 7 weeks. My sister Karen brought Tanner and her son Jaden to see us. Getting two three olds out of the car and into the building was a challenge. They both were karate chopping each other and trying to race to see who would be first to the door.  Just like boys... :-->   Tanner was so adorable when he saw her......The first thing he said was, "can I rub her gently?"  He rubbed her beautiful head and then asked if he could hold "baby Taylor."  He only held her for about two minutes, but he showered her with hugs and kisses!  Then, we went on a walk to the cafeteria WITH Taylor!  That's right, I said WITH Taylor.  She is not hooked up to heart monitors in rehab, so we can walk her around the room and take her for a stroll when ever we want!  We loaded Taylor in the wagon and away we went to get some lunch.  Boy, that was a lot of fun!  Tanner and Jaden each had to have one hand on the wagon and they wanted to run with her.  Both of the boys ran over each other's foot in the process.  It's a little preview to what "home" life will be like when she's ready to go home....kind of scary........So far rehab has been good.   She has PT in about an hour.  She gets a little cranky when anyone tries to move her around.  I guess it's going to take a while to figure out how to "relax" her muscles again.  Well, let me run.  Dick and Donna should be here real soon!  Love ya'll! 

  

Tammy







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures say a thousand words! I loved them, so sweet.. How fun to be able to take her around for rides.... Praying for you all... love ya aunt cheryl

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! I am glad that Taylor is able to get out and about. Must be a relief to you all to have some sense of normalcy. The pics are gorgeous...she looks so peaceful! The hat competition is getting fierce at school girl...we are all so competitive,(me especially! remind me to NEVER coach or get involved on any teams that Liam may participate in! Ha!) but it is all for such a wonderful cause! The students really stepped up, SOOOO many wore hats in Taylor's honor, and the ones who did not, still gave graciously and generously. We love you all, and continue to faithfully think and pray for you...talk to you soon...
love,
The Buckley Family

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that Taylor has made it to Rehab!!! I just said AMEN, show them what you have got Taylor when I read yesterday's post! I have had you on my mind so much since she has been sick, but I have had a heavy heart while you were in limbo between Duke and Greenville. I am so grateful to the Lord for answering the many prayers that were going up.
The pictures you have posted are adorable!! I am so glad that Tanner got to see and hold his little sister..I know that meant the world to him. And being able to take her out of the room....wow, that must make the days a little easier. Take care of yourself and remember Ephesians 5:19 - Be joyful always, pray continuously, and give thanks in all circumstances.
Love,
Misty

erinannepro said...

SO very precious...she can feel the strength and love that surrounds her. I am sure it is amazing to be able to take her for stroller rides! Continuing to keep your family in our prayers. Erin in Iowa

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for keeping such a great blog on Taylor's progress. We are pulling for her and your beautiful family.
Grandpa & Virginia