Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday, March 2

I got my update in the car on my way home from work, so hopefully I will remember enough to provide a quick update. I will try to get more detailed information the first chance I get!

Tammy and Jeff had a team meeting with several therapists/doctors in the rehab facility. They have set goals for her, and they told Jeff and Tammy that they plan to keep her there for the full 6 weeks, and at the end of 6 weeks if she hasn’t met all her goals, they will come up with a new therapy plan and work with her until she does meet her goals! Thank God they have opened Taylor with open arms and plan to see this through. Apparently Taylor is doing awesome with therapy and well on her way to meeting some objectives already. From what I understand the therapists are a wonderful group of people, Angels sent to work with Taylor.

Unfortunately, the latest tests on Taylor’s heart showed that her heart has digressed some. I don’t have the official stats, but they will obviously keep a close eye on this. They plan to adjust her heart meds, as Taylor had gained some weight while she was at Duke, but the medicine levels were still based off her previous weight. Hopefully this will help things. It can be frustrating at times, but the cardiomyopathy meds may take several months before we start seeing much improvement.


God Bless
~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE SCOZ FAMILY
well that's alsome the family can come see the baby and we are stilldoing the prayers and hope say hi to Taylor for me Julian Scoz Mrs.whitehead favorite student.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Thank God for the therapists, for they see the potential in Taylor as well. We all knew it all along...yay! She is such a strong girl...I have no doubt what-so-ever taht in time, Taylor's heart will respond to the meds...not in our time, but in God's time, for this has been in his hands from the start. Thinking of you...and as always, praying...
The Buckley Family

Anonymous said...

Tammy and Jeff,
Hey its me Carly I see Taylorsdoing better.By the way how is Tanner and Tate doing? I can see by the pics of Taylor that she is looking alittle happier. I am very sorry that you guys have to go through this,and I know it is hard for the both of you.But whatever it may be you just have to be strong about it. I've been through some tough times like this before.And at night I've been praying for Taylor.I ask Godevery night when Im praying to look over Taylor,even when im at my dads house. Even though he dosen't pray with me any more,I still pray for her. And he told me that he prays for her to.
Well I just wanted to give you guys a ittle shout out.
ANd God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 41:10 says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." So glad God has provided Taylor with some wonderful therapists that will work with her and for her!
Still praying in Iowa,
Kate and family