Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday, March 4

I got some emails from Donna (Jeff’s Mom) with some recent developments with Taylor. I am so happy for them all! The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want...

----
Tammy just called on her way back to Greenville. She had some good news... she will probably email with it later, but I can't wait to share it with everyone. I had to call Dad at work and interrupt a meeting... Jeff had called her to tell her that they did another hearing test on Taylor. This time it showed that BOTH ears were responding as normal. They said that the brain responded normally on both sides... they had already perceived that she was turning her head toward sound, but her response was slower than what they thought it should be. They think that part of the reason for her slower reaction is due to her tightened muscles that she has. God is good and his timing is alright with us... we will just continue to pray! Just Monday the rehab doctor came in to talk with Tammy personally about Taylor's sight and hearing tests that were done in Duke. He was not sure if Tammy had been given the news that she might be blind in both eyes and deaf in one ear. Tammy said that he teared up while talking with her. He apologized for losing his composure, and Tammy told him that it was reassuring to her that he had that much compassion for a patient he barely knew. Now today the news is different, and it continues to show us that God is still continuing to heal Taylor! "Heal me Oh Lord, and I will be healed..." Yes indeed! We will continue to "lift our eyes unto the Hills from whence cometh our help." (That’s a paraphrased Bible verse...my old catechism days come back from time to time but never as accurate as I would wish)
---------------

And then another email just moments ago...

Jeff called me on his way back home to Richlands. He wanted to share the good news also about Taylor's hearing test. He said that there is a very noticeable difference in Taylor since she has had several days of therapy. She is much more relaxed and peaceful, and he said that he saw her smile open mouthed twice today!! He said it seems as if little by little Taylor is coming back to them and agreed that God is not done with Taylor yet!
God Bless
~

9 comments:

Candace said...

This is such fantastic news. My daughter and I pray for Taylor every night and I am just overjoyed that she's doing so well! Congratulations to all of you! It's just wonderful! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for such an uplifting report. She is such a beautiful blessing and everytime I see a new pic of her it brings a smile to my face. God is GOOD and he is not done by far with Taylor!! My prayers continue to be with you all daily and may God's peace and blessings continue to pour over you all. Pam Keil,Jacksonville NC

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Tammy,

This is wonderful, wonderful news. Little Taylor is on a journey with God that get better by the day. We continue to pray for little Taylor and your family.

Travis and Jill Kramer, Gilbert IA

Anonymous said...

God is good! God is Good! How many more times can I say it, God is good! I am so ecstatic by the news about Taylor's progress! My heart is soaring...I know that you are both just so excited about this! I knoew that Taylor was gonna step up to the plate...and here she goes! With the Lord right behind her as her coach, she is gonna start hitting some major home runs! I am jsut so utterly amazed at this precious little angel. God took care of her hearing, for he needed her to hear all the love that is being spoken to her every day, by all of us, her parents, and himself! I just know that her eyesight is next...This news has definitely made my day...along with the fact that this is "Friday" for us teachers due to a workday tomorrow! We will all keep praying fervently, keep your eyes towards the heaven...and Jeff, please tell Taylor and her beautiful open mouth smile "Welcome back"!
Love,
The Buckley's
Allison, Bill, and Liam

Anonymous said...

As I proofread the latest comment I left, I notices misspellings...I am sorry, I was just so excited and typing so fast :)

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! Nance and I speak of Taylor and you all everyday and you know that all of you have our continued prayers, as well as, the prayers of your FCA family!
Praise God for His faithfulness!
Mary Jane and Nance
Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news. God works in mysterious ways. We continue to pray for Taylor and your family.
Jim & Mary Zimmerman

Tabitha Dickerson said...

Praise God! We are so happy that Taylor is continuing to show improvement. We hope to get to Greenville soon for a visit!
We love you guys!

Love, Jamie, Tabitha, and Kamdyn

Anonymous said...

As your g'pa always use to say Jeff..."PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION!!" How awesome. How wonderful to have such great news! I truly can't wait to meet this most definately GREAT neice!!!! Keep the faith always, keep your heads up, keep your smiles going, continue to lean on each other, on God and all of us. We will all keep you going. Don't get discouraged if progress slows. Illness/hospitalizations/recooperations/therapy is hardest on the family. Love you guys!!!!! Prayers forthcoming nightly from our house! Aunt Kelly/Uncle Phil/Amber/Carly