Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday, January 29

Not a lot of change other than I got more information on what was posted yesterday. Taylor is now on the PEDs floor. Which is nice because they have some more privacy. The room in the ICU was rather small and didn’t accommodate guests very well.

The process to expand Taylor’s tummy consists of feeding 30 minutes straight every 3 hours. I believe the basic philosophy is to eat large amounts of food in a small amount of time.

Early next week is when she will head to Duke University Hospital for the gastric tube. She will probably be at Duke for 5-7 days before she moves back to Pitt Memorial in Greenville. She will stay about 1 day in Pediatrics then she will be able to move to the Rehab floor. I can’t stress enough how important it will be to move the Rehab floor. Taylor will need to re-learn how to do several things like sucking, etc.

Jeff has gone back to teaching. He teaches Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Wednesday he spends the day at the hospital and Tammy gets a chance to come home and spend time at home. It’s hard for the two of them to be away from each other during the week and they miss each other a great deal. I pray to give them strength and can’t wait for the entire family to be able to sit down together for a meal.

I was talking to a family friend this afternoon about the progress that Taylor has made. We can’t stress how much everyone’s love, support, and Prayers have helped. This has been a true testimonial of the power of Prayer. Thank you for all your support. Taylor has made some much progress, but has such a long road ahead. Everyone will rely on our Faith for strength, but it is such a comfort to know people around the world are standing up with us all and lifting Taylor to the Lord.

God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not posted a comment in a while. Just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking of Taylor and the family daily, and praying everyday and before I close my eyes every night. I just know in my heart that Taylor is going to overcome this...keep your eyes to the sky...that is truly where the miracles are coming from...
The Buckley Family