Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday, Jan 6 Update

Just got an update from Mom and Dad.

Taylor is still in critical condition and her left lung is still collapsed. She is also running a fever now, which usually indicates an infection. The Doctors are busy trying to figure out what is causing this. They had her on an antibacterial medicine already but have moved her to something broader. They also performed an Echocardiogram this morning, this uses sound waves to create a moving picture of the heart. They haven’t gotten an update on this yet.

This morning they did a Sonogram on her brain and based off the results the Doctor ordered an EEG (Electroencephalogram; Brain wave test). Yesterday they said they were told it was too early to do any tests to determine brain activity due to Taylor being heavily sedated. So we aren’t sure why they decided to do these tests...

As I was typing this post I received a call from Dad and a text from Jeff. The initial tests show that Taylor may have suffered a significant brain injury from when she stopped breathing for 10 minutes. I’m praying that the key word here is “initial tests” and perhaps the fact that she is heavily sedated impacted the tests.

On a brighter note, the fluids in her lungs seems to be clearer, and this is a good sign And her pulse is stronger.

Jeff is asking for us to pray for a miracle.

11 comments:

cbstinso said...

Whiteheads, we are praying for you. If there is anything all we can do, please do let is know.

Cole & Suni Stinson

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a friend of Kelly and Phil's in Erie, PA and I want you to know that I am praying for your daughter and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Alicia Andersen

Anonymous said...

We are friends of Suni and Cole Stinson, who are friends of Tim and Jamie. I just want you to know that our loving thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and your family. God Bless!

Jay & Nichole Clinkinbeard

Angela said...

We were so sorry to hear what happened to Taylor, but remember God is the Great Physician and he is in control! He is a God of Miracles!!
We have her picture on our computer wallpaper, we pray for her all day. It will stay there until she comes home.

Angela Bostic

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Tammy

Just a note to let you know that we too are thinking and praying for your family and Taylor.

Jim & Sue Margretz

Anonymous said...

Jeff Tammy and Family,

I am sending every positive thing I have in me Taylors way....Your all in my thoughts...

Corey Hahn

jenni said...

Jeff, Tammy, Taylor and boys, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. We will continue to pray that Taylor pulls through all this. All Whiteheads are strong and are fighters, so I know your little girl Taylor is also strong and fighting.

Jenni & Tad Benesh

erinannepro said...

I am a friend of Kate Ramsey's in Iowa and I just wanted to let you know that Taylor and your family as well as the medical teams are in our prayers. God is all powerful and can do all things. May you continue to be strong and may you feel His loving arms wrapped around you. "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24 God is a God of miracles...praying for your comfort and strength, Erin Provenzano

Anonymous said...

My heart is heavy for what you all are going through at this time. Prayer is the greatest source of strength. Know that God is listening. May HIS will be done. This prayer request will be included in the Victory Baptist Church bulletin on Sunday. Thank you for this blog to keep us all informed. Carol Daubs

Anonymous said...

Tammy and Jeff,
This is Melanie Cobb and I have been praying for Taylor and the family since I heard the news.. Just know that God is going to take care of Taylor and that she is going to pull through this.. Here are a few verses from the bible that will help you..
"O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee" Psalm 84:12
"In God is my salvation and my glory, the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God." Psalm 62:7

Anonymous said...

Jeff and family,
Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

-Sarah Ramsey Huscko